How It Works
1. WATCH and LISTEN
35 daily lessons comprised of podcast episodes, video instruction and text-based prompts. You can do it at your own pace, and an hour a day is probably enough to get you going (though you can put more into it and get more out of it).
By the end of TPF, you will be a podcaster. You will have conducted interviews, edited audio and created actual podcast episodes.
Share responses and questions in the 24/7 discussion board. Coaches available daily to support your progress.
Learn How To
- Create and tell stories
- Record your own voice
- Record an interview
- Conduct a compelling interview
- Book a guest for your podcast
- Edit audio
- Publish audio on platforms including Apple Podcasts (and more)
- Make a podcast
- (and most of all, become the sort of professional who makes podcasts. You will, in fact, be a podcaster by the time we’re done working together)
- And more…
This is a course on podcasting. By the end of the course, if you trust the process and complete each lesson, you will be a podcaster.
In addition to daily lessons, there will be Q&A sessions with Alex and Seth, plus optional weekly Q&A sessions with our outstanding TPF coaches.
Here's a partial list of topics covered:
- Listening assignments: learning from the best
- Training on recording equipment (recording device/USB microphone; tape-a-call software (for Skype, phones and otherwise)
- Developing a topic for your podcast
- Developing a format for your show
- Positioning yourself
- Identifying and booking guests for your podcast
- Learning audio editing
- Adding music to your podcast
- How to publish/distribute your podcast
- Telling stories that resonate with and engage your listeners
- Creating a long-term plan for your podcast