How It Works
1. WATCH and LISTEN
35 daily lessons comprised of podcast episodes, video instruction and text-based prompts. You can do it at your own pace, and an hour a day is probably enough to get you going (though you can put more into it and get more out of it). Our team of coaches is there to support you every step of the way.
By the end of The Podcasting Workshop, you will be a podcaster. You will have conducted interviews, edited audio and created actual podcast episodes.
Share responses and questions in the 24/7 discussion board. Coaches available daily to support your progress.
Learn How To
- Create and tell stories
- Record your own voice
- Record an interview
- Conduct a compelling interview
- Book a guest for your podcast
- Edit audio
- Publish audio on platforms including Apple Podcasts (and more)
- Make a podcast
- (and most of all, become the sort of professional who makes podcasts. You will, in fact, be a podcaster by the time we’re done working together)
- And more…
This is a workshop on podcasting. By the end of the workshop, if you trust the process and complete each lesson, you will be a podcaster.
In addition to daily lessons, there will be Q&A sessions with Alex and Seth, plus optional weekly Q&A sessions with our outstanding coaches.
Here's a partial list of topics covered:
- Listening assignments: learning from the best
- Training on recording equipment (recording device/USB microphone; tape-a-call software (for Skype, phones and otherwise)
- Developing a topic for your podcast
- Developing a format for your show
- Positioning yourself
- Identifying and booking guests for your podcast
- Learning audio editing
- Adding music to your podcast
- How to publish/distribute your podcast
- Telling stories that resonate with and engage your listeners
- Creating a long-term plan for your podcast